Condesa Prickly Pear Orange Blossom Mexican Gin
Condesa Prickly Pear Orange Blossom Mexican Gin 750ml
- Micro-batch gin crafted at Flor de Luna, a women operated micro-distillery located in Mexico City, established in 2015, and run by Maestra Destiladora, Hillhamn Salome.
- Botanicals include juniper, xoconostle (magenta prickly pear), orange blossom, raspberry, coriander, and lime zest. All botanicals except for the juniper are sourced in Mexico and many are grown in Salome’s own garden.
- Neutral grain base distillate, sourced in Mexico
- Produced using two copper stills that were manufactured in Mexico, specifically for Flor de Luna. One is a 50-liter hybrid still and the other is a 10-liter pot still.
- A two-day maceration of juniper, prickly pear, raspberry, coriander, and lime zest is run on the larger of the two stills to create a botanical concentrate which is then brought to proof. Separately, an orange blossom tincture is made on the small pot still to be incorporated precisely into the final blend.
- Vibrant prickly pear, floral orange blossom, and a pop of raspberry acidity combine to deliver a refreshing and summery spirit.
- 43% ABV
Inspired by afternoons in Mexico City, Condesa Prickly Pear & Orange Blossom dials back the juniper and exhibits a light, natural sweetness from the xoconostle (magenta prickly pear). This expression is a great gateway gin for newcomers to the category and works well in any cocktails that feature fruit, such as an Aviation, Clover Club, or Bramble.